Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Monday, August 22, 2011

Warm Return

Back to Bulembu-Yebo! After a weekend visit to Hlane Wildlife Park, we made it back and the spirit and hope that is Bulembu is so alive that it sends my heart to rejoicing and thanking God again and again. The road from Piggs Peak was a 4 wheelers dream (like Mr Toad's Wild ride/Bunking Bronco mixed all in one.) Thank God the rains happened a week ago and the road had the chance to dry a bit. Last night we were invited to a going away party for the former headmaster and his wife, Jon and Jude Skinner, who are returning to the UK. Saw many folks from years back and were warmly welcomed. Lee-Ann and son Freddy were among the dear ones who greeted us. Today the welcome continued as we saw our teacher aides at Enduduzweni: Zandi, Nomsa and Mavis (from our 2009 VBS trip).

Wednesday some of the team will return to the US. Please hold Vickie and Aileen in your prayers for a safe and uneventful return (especially that their bags travel and arrive with them.)

Glory to God in the highest!

Becky

Yes, there has been a warm return in Bulembu. I almost feel like I am “home”. The air feels fresh, the scenery is magnificent and familiar and the people we met two years ago seem so happy to see us! They see lots of teams come through but they acted like they were waiting for us! My imagination, I am thinking! There are lots of changes here.......the bakery is open and we were the first customers yesterday morning. We had been told they open at 7 so three of us hiked down the hill at 7:10 only to find out they open at 8 on Mondays!!! Swazi time is very different than “time” in the United States. Tuesdays they open at 7:30 (maybe) and so on through the week! We bought bran muffins and “fatcakes” and walked back up the very steep hill. Yummy!!! The people of Bulembu are refacing (with brick) an old rundown building for a new church and making the old church into a vocational center. I'm happy to think they are planning ahead and trying to teach the children a skill so when they leave this safe place someday they can make a living.

We spent the afternoon at the day care center and now that there are babies there I was in my glory holding and cuddling. Two very fussy babies fell asleep in my arms so that felt very good. The children all long for attention and a tender touch. I can do that!!!!

I stayed up at the lodge last night reading emails and sending them....came back to the lodge alone in the “very” dark with a lousy flashlight! I tripped and took a very ungraceful fall that seemed to take a minute for landing. I lost my grip on the computer and my glasses were about 4 feet ahead of me. It took me awhile to get organized and find the computer, glasses, adapter and power cord and get up. I thought I wouldn't tell anyone but when I got back and accessed the damages, I realized there was no getting away with being quiet about the fall. I was somewhat of a mess. My team was so sweet, mopping up the blood, running for ice, bandaids and neosporin! I do have a “fat lip” this AM and a very sore hand (I still can type, thank goodness) and knee but nothing serious....nothing broken. I couldn't take that trip to Piggs Peak and the hospital there! Your prayers for me, I'm sure, is what kept me from being more seriously hurt!!!! Thanks.

Hope to get the blog off this AM so when you wake up tomorrow you can get our news. We are well and very happy and content in Bulembu!!!

Much love, Rosemary

Hi, I'm here in Bulembu and I loved and played with the most adorable babies!

Aileen

We arrived in Bulembu on Sunday afternoon and was amazed by the beauty here. It's like living in paradise It. It seem as though we drove forever up a dirt road to get here, But it was all worth it.

The people here are great and all the children seem to have a very sad history. But they are in a wonderful placebeing taken care of by very passionate people. We ask that you continue your prayers..

Vickie



I'm here in Bulembu and it's like heaven!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment